We have an ambitious digital strategy that places teaching and learning at its core, using modern technology to increase student engagement, reduce administrative workload for staff and ensure that every child has the opportunity to experience the benefits.
We have invested significantly to ensure our students have access to the latest technology so that they are well-equipped to succeed in the modern, digital workplace:
- High-speed internet access throughout the whole school
- Interactive ‘smart’ boards in each classroom
- Dedicated iPads for each classroom teacher
- Each teacher equipped with a modern laptop capable of remote teaching with audio and video capabilities
- Digital cameras (still and video) for observations and performances / recording
- Two dedicated ICT suites for teaching and for students’ use
Laptops, tablets and computers for pupil use are distributed as follows:
- Nursery: 10 Android tablets
- Reception (EYFS): 10 Android tablets, 30 Windows laptops
- Years 1 & 2 (KS1): 10 Android tablets, 15 Apple iPads, 30 Windows laptops
- Years 5 & 6 (KS2): 15 Apple iPads, 64 Windows laptops
In addition we have a bank of older machines which we lend to families who may not be able to afford their own.
“Never let a good crisis go to waste”
We took the opportunity during the COVID crisis, to accelerate our Digital Transformation Strategy, quickly becoming a Google Classroom school with each pupil having a own unique login to an online classroom where they can access learning materials, submit homework, communicate with their peers and teachers, as well as for remote learning through Google Meet video-conferencing.
Through our Google Classroom portal, which can be accessed on any device, students have access to the latest word processing, creative and publishing software – completely free.
We are a proud member of the DfE’s Edtech Demonstrator Programme and we benefit from the support of our partner schools, the Cheam Common Junior Academy in the LEO Academy Trust and Britannia Village Primary School in Newham.
In addition, we use the following educational software to assist our pupils:
- Adobe Creative Cloud including Spark, Illustrator and Lightroom
- Busy Things
- Purple Mash
- Times Table Rockstars
Finally, we support all of our families to ensure that every child has access to learning technology:
- Loan laptops and free 4G Wifi (SIM cards and routers) for disadvantaged families
- Discounted prices for purchase or lease of Chromebooks (click here for the latest offer)
- Remote ICT support for students when working from home
For any queries or to request support, please email [email protected]