We have an ambitious digital strategy that places teaching and learning at its core, using modern technology to increase student and parent engagement, reduce administrative workload for staff and ensure that every child has the opportunity to experience the benefits of the digital workplace.
We have invested significantly to ensure our students have access to the latest technology so that they are well-equipped to succeed in the modern world:
- Google classroom is our embedded online learning platform and cloud-based document sharing system
- High-speed internet access throughout the whole school
- Interactive ‘smart’ boards in each classroom
- Dedicated iPads for each classroom teacher
- Each teacher equipped with a modern laptop capable of remote teaching with audio and video capabilities, including a USB camera / visualiser
- Digital cameras (still and video) for observations and performances / recording
- Bespoke school app providing efficient communication with parents
In total, we have over 300 devices (tablets/iPads, desktops and laptops) in school, placing us in the top 1% of all maintained primary (and also when compared to secondary schools) in the country in terms of availability of devices per pupil.
Laptops, tablets and computers for pupil use are distributed as follows:
- Nursery: 10 Android tablets
- Reception (EYFS): 10 Android tablets, 30 Windows laptops
- Years 1 & 2 (KS1): 10 Android tablets, 15 Apple iPads, 60 Windows laptops
- Years 5 & 6 (KS2): 15 Apple iPads, 70 Windows laptops
In addition, we have a small bank of Chromebooks/tablets which we can lend to families who may not be able to afford their own for home learning, as well as 30GB of data plus a wireless router.
We have a well-developed digital strategy that ensures that not only do we have a wealth of devices available for our pupils, but that they also develop the skills to use them.
“Never let a good crisis go to waste”
We took the opportunity during the COVID crisis, to accelerate our Digital Transformation Strategy, quickly becoming a Google Classroom school with each pupil having their own unique login to an online classroom where they can access learning materials, submit homework, communicate with their peers and teachers, as well as for remote learning through Zoom video-conferencing.
Through our Google Classroom portal, which can be accessed on any device, students have access to the latest word processing, creative and publishing software – completely free.
We are a proud member of the DfE’s Edtech Demonstrator Programme and we benefit from the support of our partner schools, the Cheam Common Junior Academy in the LEO Academy Trust and Britannia Village Primary School in Newham.
In addition, we use the following educational software to assist our pupils:
- Adobe Creative Cloud including Spark, Illustrator and Lightroom
- Atom Learning
- Busy Things
- LGfL online resources
- Purple Mash
Finally, we support all of our families to ensure that every child has access to learning technology:
- Loan laptops/tablets and free 4G Wifi (SIM cards and routers) for disadvantaged families
- Remote ICT support for students when working from home
For any queries or to request support, please email [email protected]