At St Joseph’s, we have a regular programme of guest speakers, where we invite role models from commerce, science, technology, sport, education and the public service to meet our children, share their experiences and hopefully, inspire the next generation of leaders.
These typically take the form of a formal presentation to the whole school where parents are also invited, followed by smaller, class-based workshops where the children can ask questions of our speakers.
St Joseph’s has welcomed the following speakers:
- Ms Bryony Smith is an English national cricketer. She made her debut in the third WODI against the West Indies on 13 June 2019
- Mr Dolapo Awoyinka from Helios Investment Partners – one of the largest private equity investment firms specialising in Africa and emerging markets
- Mr Chris Snode from the British Diving Talent Programme – he represented Great Britain at the 1976 Summer Olympics, 1980 Summer Olympics, and 1984 Summer Olympics and he represented England at the 1978 and 1982 Commonwealth Games, and won four gold medals
- Mr Tosin Awoyinka from Coller Capital – a specialist secondaries investor focused on the private equity market
- Mr Francis Ageypong who won the silver medal in at the 1996 European Indoor Championships in Athletics, and finished 7th at the 1995 IAAF World Indoor Championships. He also represented Team GB in the triple jump at the 1992 and 1996 Olympic Games
- Mr Arindam Das from Westwood Energy – global research and advisory firm specialising in energy and natural resources
- Mr Jermin Lutchman from Palace for Life Foundation – the official charitable foundation of Premier League club, Crystal Palace