All pupils leaving St Joseph’s are physically literate and leave with the knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle which develops a lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The PE and sport premium funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective: “To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.”
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PESSPA being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
School foci from 2019/2020 will continue into 2020/2021 due to COVID 19.