Maths at St Joseph’s
At St. Joseph’s we have adopted the Singapore Maths approach. This is a tried and proven approach that has seen positive results in Mathematics attainment. The image below shows the CPA method that involves; trying out practical resources and problem solving, the progression of calculations and some idea of how parents can support learning at home.
- There is an emphasis on Improving dialogue about mathematical concepts
- Improving thinking and questioning among children
- Enable children to be confident in risk taking
- Improving the progress and attainment in mathematics
- Appropriate challenge for all children