Annual Overview of Learning Challenges
|Year 1||1. Which materials should the three little pigs have used to build their house?
2. Why isn’t everyone afraid of the dark?
|1. Why are humans not like tigers?||1. Which birds and plants would Little Red Riding Hood find in our Forest School?|
|3. Where do the leaves go in Winter?
4. Why is the Wii more fun than Grandma and Grandad’s old toys?
|2. Why can’t a meerkat live in the North Pole?||2. Why were …… and …… brave people? (Famous people)
3. Where do and did the wheels on the bus go?
|Year 2||1. Why would a dinosaur not make a good pet?
2. Where did that racket come from?
|1. Which materials have been used to build our school?||1. How can I be like….. one day? (Famous sports person)
2. How can we grow our own salad?
|3. What were the people that lived in Crystal Palace like 100 years ago?
4. What would Dora and Ben Ten find exciting about Upper Norwood/Crystal Palace?
|2. Where would you prefer to live: England or Africa?||3. How have….. and…… helped to make the world a better place?
4. Why do we love to be beside the seaside?
|Year 3||1. How can Usain Bolt move so quickly?
2. What do rocks tell us about the way the earth was formed?
|1. How far can you throw your shadow?||1. How did that blossom become an apple?
2. What is attractive?
|3. Who first lived in Britain?
4. What makes the earth angry?
|2. Local history study – famous person.||3. Why has Greece always been in the news?
4. Why do so many people choose the Mediterranean for their holidays?
|Year 4||1. Why is the sound that ‘One Direction’ makes enjoyed by so many?
2. How would you survive without water?
|1. How could you cope without electricity for a day?||1. Which wild animals and plants thrive in Crystal Palace Park?
2. What happens to the food we eat?
|3. Why were the Romans so powerful and what did we learn from them?||2. Why is London such a cool place to live and why is the Thames so important to London?||3. What would you have done after school if you lived 100 years ago?
4. Why were the Norman castles certainly not bouncy?
|Year 5||1. Can you feel the force?
2. Could you be the next CSI investigator?
|1. Will we ever send another human to the moon?||1. Do all animals start life as an egg?
2. How different will you be when you are as old as your grandparents?
|3. Why is Brazil in the news again?
4. Why should the rain forests be important to us all?
|2. How can we rediscover the wonder of Ancient Egypt?||3. Were the Anglo-Saxons really smashing?
4. How could Hitler have convinced a sane nation like Germany to have followed him?
|Year 6||1. What would a journey through your body be like?
2. Have we always looked like this?
|1. Could Spiderman really exist?
2. How can you light up your life?
|1. Could you ever be the next Nintendo Apprentice?|
|3. Were the Vikings always vicious and victorious?
4. Who were the Mayans and what have we learnt from them?
|2. Will we ever see the water we drink again?
3. I’m a Year 6 pupil, can you get me out of here?