Sports Premium FundingSports Funding 2018-2019
The purpose of the grant is to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
The Federation of St Joseph’s Catholic Junior Infant and Nursery Schools:
- PE teacher (PE leader) working 3 days a week (overview of KS1 and KS2) – work with staff, provide CPD, provide links with community clubs and sports partnerships, encourage children to compete inter and intra competitions. developed in July 2016 the Diving Competition at Crystal Palace. KS1 Gymnastics competition October 2016.
- Part time sports coach to work in partnership with PE leader offering coaching to EYFS and KS1
- CPD for sports teachers: Gymnastics, Golf, Rugby, Dance, Hockey and Tennis.
- To build up expertise & to develop confidence in the teaching of PE.
- To introduce a diverse range of sporting activities
- To delivery of a high quality Gymnastic curriculum
- Participation in the youth games for gymnastics Y5 and 6 team (15th overall out of 32 London Boroughs)
- Gold Mark awarded for the second year 2015 and 2016
- Development of ethos – spirit of the games – having a positive impact on behaviour
- Involved in biking initiatives. Bike It- increased number of pupils using scooters and bikes
- PE lead involved with cluster schools – supporting PE leaders and establishing competitions etc. Has supported 3 schools to achieve Gold Mark
- Swimming established in March 2015 for all KS2 pupils- children selected for diving and club swimming
- Participation in Catholic schools competitions – Croydon Athletics and Cross Country
- Participation in Croydon school competitions
- Extension to after school club offer – KS1 and KS2
- Information on website which has enabled more pupils to access community clubs e.g. Netball, football and diving